In this unimaginable tragedy it is important to focus on peoples’ mobilization and the wave of solidarity for the victims. Across the country, businesses and individuals rush to help any way they can, by gathering basic needs items, donating blood, shelter, transportation, medical services and psychological support. The relatives of the missing persons can call 199 to declare the people they are looking for. The Region of Attica (tel: 210 481 9001) gives specific information on what items are needed and where they can be collected in order to be sent to the affected areas.
The Region of Attica also informs that for the recording of the damages of the businesses affected by the devastating fires in Eastern Attica, citizens should contact the East Attica Development Directorate at the following telephone numbers: 213 200 5301, 213 200 5289, 213 200 5305, 213 200 5288, 213 200 5292.
On the Attica Region website there is a specific banner under the title “Useful Information on the big fires on 23/7/18”, which provides useful information and is updated regularly. All citizens who need help with floating disembarkation through areas at risk of fire, can dial the Coast Guard at 108.
Electronic platforms for missing people and hosting
An online platform for finding missing persons is available at https://missingpeople.audax.gr
Today, Wednesday July 25, the Greek Scouts will be collecting essential items and food, which will be transported to the affected areas. The items that are in direct need are: Food (biscuits, breadcrumbs, toasted bread), medicines (children’s syrups, Betadine, Fucidin, gauze), water and juices, cleaning supplies (towels, wipes, shampoos and soaps). The four concentration stations and opening hours are as follows:
- Central Administration Building SE: Ptolemaion 1, Pagrati (Scout Square) Hours: 09: 00-17: 00
- Sculpture Estate of Kifissia (73, Harilaou Trikoupi Street, Kefalari) Hours: 18: 00-21: 00
- International Maritime & Marine Corps Delta Faliro (Poseidonos Avenue near Tae Kwon Do) Hours: 18: 00-21: 00
- Megara Scout Hall (Alasylos Theognis) Hours: 18: 00-21: 00
- Contact numbers for additional information: 210 729 0046, 6936117147, 6945292724.
Anyone affected who needs help can call Hamogelo tou Paidiou at 1056 (free, 24 hours).
The majority of the municipalities, have been mobilized in order to provide help to those affected. Those who want to offer their help, can contact their municipality for additional information.
A wave of solidarity for the affected
The Athens Attica Hotel Association in cooperation with the Attica Region offers hospitality to the fire victims. For more information, you can contact the Region at 213 212 9117 & 213 212 9105:
The employees of KEELPNO, with the municipality of Rafina-Pikermi, are collecting gauze, betadine, fucidin, baby diapers, baby wipes, non-perishable foods (breadsticks, biscuits etc). The collect takes place at the KEELPNO building (3-5 Agrafon street, Maroussi). For additional information call at 6944987730.
Food items, water and basic need products are also being collected at the Nea Makri Municipal space, on 104 Marathonos Avenue.
Food and shelter
- At the Nea Makri Cultural Park, the canteen and the First Aid Station are available to those in need.
- In Rafina, the supermarket chain Sklavenitis and various coffee places are offering free meals and water.
- In the city center of Pikermi, “EVEREST” and “Grigoris Mikrogevmata” offer free water and food.
- For those affected by the fire in Kineta, help is provided by the mayor’s office of Megara and the KAPI of Megara and Kineta.
- A collection of emergency supplies takes place today, from 08:00-12:00, at Madame Ginger (11 Kefallinias st, Kypseli, tel.: 6957217317).
The Hellenic Post Administration has announced that all citizens wishing to help the fire victims, can mail their packages free of charge to the residents of Attica, from all of Greece’s Postal Districts until 31 August 2018. The items considered essential are: bottled water, juices, non-refrigerated foods and preferably ready-to-eat foods (canned, packaged croissants, biscuits, toasted bread, etc.) long shelf life which are kept out of the refrigerator, e.g. beverages.
The Social Cuisine “O Allos Anthrwpos” is collecting water, long shelf milk, diapers and biscuits (122, Megalou Alexandrou, Kerameikos).
Emergency supplies are also being collected today at Omikron2 (34 Tripotlemou & Voutadon, Gazi). The items needed are: Fucidin, Betadin, gauze, disposable gloves, disposable masks, saline, diapers, baby wipes, rusks, biscuits, nuts, water, legumes, pasta, oil, canned and dry food.
Free accommodation offered
- At the Marathon Beach Hotel, 12 Poseidonos Avenue, Marathon-Nea Makri (tel .: 22940.95022).
- Free shelter and food is offered by La Playa Marathon (22940.57272).
- At the Rafina town hall and the cultural center.
- At Hotel Nireas, Nea Makri (22940.91214).
- At the Agioi Theodoroi 1st and 2nd Primary School.
- The Mediterranean Rehabilitation Center in Loutraki offers accommodation and food at the hostel’s premises to those affected by the Kineta fire who have no shelter. Contact number: 27441-14000.
- In Rafina, the “Mikros Prigkipas” Kindergarten remains open to any family with children who need aid (22940.25383).
- In Agia Paraskevi, Playgroup Hellas (61 Cycladon, Ayia Paraskevi) opens its doors to accommodate, without any financial burden, those families with young children who need a shelter. At the same time, they are collect essential items. For any information call at: 210.6090770.
- At the Zaz café, you can donate clothes, sheets, water, food. There is also a reception area for the victims (3 Esperidon st. & Lavrio Avenue, 210.665 8311).
- “To Mageriko tis Sevastis” offers food and water (Aeroporias & Botsari, N. Makri, 2294 050280).
- Costeas-Geitonas School CGS offer shelter, food and essentials (Pallini Tel .: 210.6030411 and 6949.728062).
- Animal accomodation at Vas. Zerboglou, Spata. tel .: 6945007284 and 6982067351.
- Megara Stadium offers shelter and care (30 Morava, 2296 081088).
- On a private initiative, a form has been created for anyone interested and able to offer any kind of accommodation. The available offers are available on this list to those in need of hosting.
Radiotaxi “Kosmos” taxi drivers (18300) transport pregnant women and children to hospitals or anywhere else, free of charge. Contact numbers: 6973221156, 6944888427, 2152157938.
Free transfer from Rafina (5 vehicles). These people provide telephone, water, mobile chargers (6989373053).
The Anthousa and Liosia Road Transports depots are prepared so that buses can receive those affected from the port of Rafina and transport them to hospitality areas.
Medicines and medical assistance
The Euroclinic’s Children’s hospital opens its Emergency section to all children from the areas affected by the devastating fires. Children who experience respiratory problems, fever, heat stroke, etc. can go to the clinic’s Emergency Department at 7-9 Athanasiadou Street, Ampelokipoi (Ampelokipoi Metro Station). For information call 210.6416600. Children with burns cannot be treated.
Anyone who knows someone who is diabetic and needs Lantus – Novorapid can call 6970459926. The pharmacists of Thessaloniki are ready to help in providing medical supplies for the care of the wounded.
A doctor in Nea Makri (Vassilis Papaioannou) offers free medical assistance to anyone who needs it. You can contact him at: 6932392710. The clinic will be open 24 hours a day.
The Greek Bipolar Organization team, in cooperation with the Rafina municipality, provides free psychological support to those affected by the fires. The members of the group are at the municipality center. Contact phone number: 6970018622.
SOS Children’s Villages are at the EKKA mobile units together with a dedicated team of scientific staff consisting of psychologists, social workers and child psychiatrists. For more information, please contact Alexia Zaradouka, Communication and Resource Coordinator at 210.3313661 (int.124) and via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free mobile services
All mobile operators have announced that they offer their subscribers free time for landlines and mobile phones as well as data availability for their increased communication needs. At the same time, they suspend any process of permanent or temporary blocking of all mobile, fixed and pay TV contracts in the areas affected by the fires.
Collection of essential items organized by the Attica Region
Those who wish to offer basic needs items (food, bottled water, etc.) to the victims of fires, can contact the Attica Region’s at: 210-4819001 or their local municipalities.
Essential items list:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable foods (canned foods, packaged croissants, biscuits, toasted bread, etc.)
- Long-life milk, beverages
Collection point: Attica Region Logistics Center in Esplanada – Plateia Nerou next to Taekwondo in Faliriko.
No more clothing is needed!
The National Blood Donation Center urgently calls all those who can donate blood and its derivatives for those suffering burns and who are hospitalized in Attica. “In these difficult moments, let us all contribute anyway we can. The burn victims are in need of blood and its derivatives, at a time of reduced stock due to summer”, announced the Center said in a statement.
People can donate blood at:
- All blood donation centers in Attica, Chalkida and Corinth, from 09:00 to 14:00
- The blood donation centers at the following hospitals: G.H. ELEFSINAS “THRASSIO”, GN. “ELPIS”, with extended hours from 09:00-20:00, at the KAT, Agia Olga, Evangelismos and Gennimatas hospitals. Before you go, please contact directly the hospitals to confirm that there is still need for blood.
- The Syntagma Metro, on Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 August 2018
- The nearest Hospital Blood Donation Services throughout the country
The Municipality of Rafina-Pikermi announced the creation of a special bank account in cooperation with Piraeus Bank for those who wish to contribute towards the relief effort:
Account Number: 5186092291418
IBAN: GR20 0172 1860 0051 8609 2291 418
You can also contribute to support the emergency actions for the relief of those affected by donating to the Doctors of the World.
NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE
IBAN: GR27 0110 1410 0000 1412 9611 217ALPHA BANK
IBAN: GR06 0140 1990 1990 0200 2002 401ΤΡΑΠΕΖΑ ΠΕΙΡΑΙΩΣ
IBAN: GR03 0172 0180 0050 1800 5706 640
The Greek Red Cross has opened a bank account to which individuals or companies can contribute financially to relieve the people affected. Account Information: EUROBANK WORK BANK A.E.
Account number :