New measures are in force in Attica as from today and through September 30, aiming to curb the spread of the new coronavirus, as the region is still listed as a “red area”. Attica remains the region with the most cases in the territory. According to yesterday’s figures, 197 of the 310 cases are recorded in the Attica region.
More specifically, the new measures are:
-Masks must now be worn in all enclosed spaces in workplaces — in both the public and private sectors, as well as in all outdoor places where social distancing is not possible.
– Outdoor markets will be allowed to operate at a reduced capacity of 50%. All sellers and shoppers must wear masks, and the stands displaying goods must be kept 3m apart.
– In bars, restaurants, and cafes, only six people can sit together at the same table.
– Outdoor concerts will be kept at 50% capacity. Concertgoers have to wear a mask and remain seated during the event. Alcohol and smoking are be prohibited at these venues.
– Indoor or open-air theaters and cinemas will only be allowed to operate at a 60% capacity and all patrons must wear masks throughout shows, as well as when they enter and leave the establishment.
– Only 50 people can be together in any one place now, and all retail stores, excluding supermarkets, bakeries, and food stores, will be allowed to open their doors at 10 AM in Attica.
At the same time, it is strongly recommended the use of masks in all other open spaces.